Tuesday, March 31, 2009

GASLIGHT GRIMOIRE is nominated for the Prix Aurora Award!


Late last night Edge Books editor Jeff Campbell informed me that Gaslight Grimoire: Fantastic Tales of Sherlock Holmes, an anthology which contains my "Sherlock Holmes in the Lost World", made the short list for the Canadian Prix Aurora Award for the Best Work in English in the speculative fiction genre. The Aurora Awards will be presented in Montreal at the 67th World Science Fiction Convention August 6 -- 10, 2009.

http://www.prix-aurora-awards.ca/English/home.html

This is very exciting news, and I feel very honored to share word-space in such an excellent book with so many esteemed writers. I also received news that our anthology will soon be translated into the Italian language, under the title Il Grimorio di Baker Street.

Very cool, indeed.

I want to sincerely thank editors Jeff Campbell and, especially, Charles Prepolec for inviting me to be a part of the book. Of my nine adventures of the Great Detective, "Sherlock Holmes in the Lost World" became my personal favorite long before I finished writing the last page. A very good time I'll remember always.

Thanks guys.

http://www.gaslightgrimoire.com/



1 comment: