Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frankenstein Returns


















You are looking at an authentic 1961 original Frankenstein monster model kit from Aurora,
one of my most prized possessions.

Anyone who knows me pretty well will instantly realize the importance of this particular gift, but there's even more to it than meets the eye.

I received this a very long time ago, as a birthday present, and my mom had my cousin Terry build and paint the kit for me.
















I admired Terry tremendously as I was growing up. He was kind and generous to me, and always seemed interested in what I was doing. Artistically inclined himself, Terry inspired and encouraged my yearning to write and draw. He also took me on my first motorcycle ride. Little wonder why I thought he was so cool.

















Very sadly, Terry passed away quite unexpectedly a couple months ago, so this Frankenstein model has become even more sentimental to me.

It is now displayed on my desk in his memory.

















Thanks,cousin Terry. This has meant the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment