Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Valentine's Day Anniversary












Seven years ago tomorrow, I went on a first date with a sweet, smart, saucy red-haired artist named Lisa Bandemer. She claims to this day she was so cynical about dating and relationships then that she didn't even notice that I'd asked her out on Valentine's Day.

I knew what I was doing.

That first date lasted about fourteen hours, so I suppose it's pretty obvious that we both felt a spark. A year later, to the day, we moved in together and it's been the two of us (and our four-legged familiars), through both tough and glorious times, ever since.

Lisa was my salvation. She continues to be.

I'm a very lucky man.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. ahh- sweet!! Sounds like you are both very lucky. This post made me smile. Thanks~

    ReplyDelete