Monday, April 27, 2009

Writing for Kids


















Aside from writing science fiction, mystery, horror, and blood-and-thunder adventure pulp stories, primarily for an adult audience, for the past couple years it's also been my very good fortune to write a number of children's books. This is something I'd wanted to do ever since I first started to write professionally. Books were very important to me when I was a kid. They held a special kind of relevance and magic that I couldn't find any where else.

Stone Arch Books, one of my favorite publishers, have worked with me on a wide range of very fun projects, everything from traditional Fairy Tales with my own twist, to my personal interpretations of classic literature. It's been a grand ride, and I'm very happy to say that the wave is still continuing. I have five more new Stone Arch volumes being published this summer.

Today, I'm the subject of the Stone Arch Blog.

Hope you'll check out my interview here:

http://stonearchbooks.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-05-04T09%3A27%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=5

And, you can read a preview of my SNOW WHITE by following this link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=7FhLui14a7cC&dq=snow+white+powell&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=thcKd1Qyf4&sig=8dMiHh3HowgEM6f0np8398P5o1I&hl=en&ei=uhT2Sd2YPKb0MovGjMwP&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#PPP1,M1

Hope you'll want to check out the others, too, at your neighborhood library or bookstore.

2 comments:

  1. I find I really like writing for kids. You can just let go and have so much fun, and to see them smile when they read it--no better feeling! Remember how we felt reading Doc and The Avenger or comics for the first time? :)

    ReplyDelete