Friday, June 8, 2012

TALL Great American Folk Tales -- On Sale Now


I learned a while back that Stone Arch Books was collecting a new anthology of Great American Folk Tales which would include two of my books -- THE LEGEND OF JOHNNY APPLESEED and my favorite, THE TALL TALE OF PAUL BUNYAN, which won the 2010 Moonbeam Golden Award for Best Children's Graphic Novel. Tall Tales of Peco Bill and John Henry are also included, written by other authors.

The published book itself is now in my hands and it is utterly beautiful. I wrote these books in an attempt to bring back the magic and whimsical charm of our own American folklore to a new youthfully enthusiastic audience, and they have been very successful. I'll bet your kids and students will love them, too.

Many thanks to artist Aaron Blecha, editor Donald Lemke, designer Bob Lentz, and editorial director Michael Dahl.

http://www.amazon.com/Tall-Great-American-Folktales-Graphic/dp/1434240681/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339181834&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment