Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ALICE Preview!














I recently received the proofs for my upcoming ALICE IN WONDERLAND graphic novel, to be published by Stone Arch Books this summer. Thought you might want a sneak-peek, without my narrative captions and dialog balloons cluttering up the fabulous artwork.

The illustrations are by Daniel Perez, the artist who so masterfully created the mood and mystery of my HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES graphic novel last year. Daniel is just as fully fantastic at depicting the high strangeness of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland as he was portraying Sherlock Holmes' world of gas-lit cobbled streets and fog-shrouded moors.

I have five new children's books being published by Stone Arch this summer, so more previews are lurking right around the corner.

Many thanks to my editor, Donald Lemke, for working so hard in order to make me look so much better. My time with Stone Arch Books has been very special to me, and the ease and mutual respect of our working relationship has been a rare and cherished situation.

Thanks, Donnie. I don't tell you that nearly enough.

1 comment:

  1. Nice artwork! I can see why you're pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete