Friday, May 1, 2009

IRA Book Signing May 4th at Noon


















The International Reading Association Convention is coming to the Minneapolis Convention Center next week. Guest speakers will include world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon and author Benjamin Carson, MD, popular author Todd Parr, and actress/author Julianne Moore.

(And yes, part of the reason I'm mentioning this is just so I can have the excuse to shamelessly post Julianne's photo on my blog. She's a long-time favorite of mine, so this is very cool.)

Apparently, strange as this might seem, they let guys like me in there, too. I'll be signing my children's books on Monday, May 4th, at the Red Brick Learning company booth, at noon. So, if you're going to be at the convention, please drop by.

Many thanks to Krista Monyhan of Stone Arch Books for so kindly inviting me to do the signing, and for arranging all the complicated particulars involved with such an auspicious event. I'm honored to be included.






http://www.reading.org/General/Publications/blog/BlogSinglePost/09-03-18/Scintillating_speakers_set_for_IRA_s_Minneapolis_Convention.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Julianne Moore is a longtime favorite of mine, too, ever since she had a small part in The Fugitive, before anyone really knew who she was. Have you ever seen Safe? I'm not sure, but that may have been her first starring role. She played a woman who basically becomes allergic to the late 20th century. A really good film.

    I've got stuff to do during lunch tomorrow; otherwise, I'd walk down to the convention center and say hi--it's about a fifteen-minute walk through the skyways from where I work. Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete