Saturday, June 5, 2010

Writing for Bela







Tonight I finished scripting the dialog for my horror story in BELA LUGOSI's TALES FROM THE GRAVE, coming this Fall from Monsterverse.

The tale, "Museum of Madness" is illustrated by my long-time friend, and fellow Lugosi fan, Terry Beatty. Besides being an all-around great guy, Terry has always been one of my very favorite artists. It was a thrill to finally get the chance to work together, especially something so near and dear to our hearts.










It was great fun writing dialog for Bela Lugosi; I could hear his distinctive voice echoing my words in the back of my brain. Bela and I go way back, into my childhood when I was five or six years old, when he first frightened me in Return of the Vampire. Shortly afterward I received the Aurora Dracula plastic model kit for a birthday present, and I was a fan for life.







































Very special thanks for the cooperation of Bela Lugosi, Jr. and to publisher/creators Kerry Gammill and Kez Wilson for making all of this possible. It has truly been one of my very favorite projects ever, as a writer.

Stay tuned for a preview!

Coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment